We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Main duties include the preparation and cooking of food items for our Deli & Salad Bars as well as the preparation of items for our extensive grab and go offer.
- Ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and tidy and stringent health and safety regulations are followed at all times
- Delivering a world class customer experience to our customers and staff
- Assisting in all areas of the kitchen for breakfast, lunch and hospitality. Mon-Fri. (No split shifts)
- To organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all food service at the required time, and as laid down in the Service Level Agreement.
To ensure that all food prepared with due care and attention, particularly in relation to customer's special dietary requirements, for example nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
To ensure that the company's legal and mandatory documentation is completed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience, ideally in a contract catering related environment
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Show the ability to follow instructions and supervise a small team in our cold prep room
- Basic Food Hygiene and Basic Health and Safety certificates are advantageous but not essential
- Security clearance check must be undertaken. To complete this, you must have a Basic Disclosure Certificate no older than 12 months. Apply on-line at
- Proven track record of employment within the catering industry
- Qualifications or equivalent:- City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and possess a basic level food safety certificate
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Flexibility on work schedule will be required at times
Mon - Fri
07:00 - 15:00
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland