- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Engineering Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: R0022578
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced systems
design engineer to deliver the role of Systems Design Engineer in Thales
The successful candidate will be a talented Systems Design Engineer with experience of conceptual and detailed design, Integration and delivery, coupled with a proven capability of delivering mission system programmes.
The role can be based in Glasgow, but may be required to work at other Thales locations. Depending on the specific projects the role may require periods of time to be spent at Customer sites and/or integration facilities.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience interfacing with internal and external customers, understanding system requirements in the defence domain.
The role holder reports to the Systems Engineering Discipline Manager and will be allocated to projects in Vehicles or Naval Business area. The key individual responsibilities are:
- Provides technical leadership for bids and project Engineering Reviews.
- Identify and review technical risks, opportunities and mitigation plans throughout the bid and project phases;
- Define and propose candidate architectures to meet customer/stakeholder needs
- Creates the technical specifications with acceptance criteria for subsystems,
- Define the integration, verification, validation, qualification, certification and acceptance methods,
- Be responsible for collated results and evidence.
- To ensure, with the support of Specialty Engineering experts & Safety/HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) stakeholders:
- That candidate solutions meet regulatory requirements including all applicable standards and legislation. This includes product safety & security and Environmental/HSE requirements and standards,
- That solution designs take into account the contractual requirements,
- That all related certification activities are performed correctly;
- Substantial experience in System design and development of complex hardware and software systems;
- Proven experience in working collaboratively across multiple product development and specialist domain teams
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Experienced in the use of Rhapsody, Capela or Enterprise Architect
- Proven track record of working and delivering on solutions for a defence programme
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS);
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.