Head of Mortgage Operations, Mortgages
Reporting To Managing Director, Mortgage Services, Capita
- To lead, direct, manage, motivate and retain teams capable of delivering the service expectations and specific contractual requirements of both Vertex and the client.
- To develop and deliver appropriate strategies to optimise the function whilst meeting the overall needs of customers, client and regulators.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables
Key deliverables and accountabilities include:
- Provide efficient and flexible responses to operational challenges, in order to maintain levels of service delivery and client satisfaction
- Plan and deliver the recruitment, development and deployment of resources at all levels of the operational delivery team in order to maintain a skilled and effective workforce to meet contractual obligations
- Manage the impact assessment and implementation of changes to ensure commercial and reputational growth
- Define and deliver an operating plan to deliver positive business outcomes and efficient and effective service delivery.
- Develop a framework to proactively review working practises, and drive improvements in employee engagement, business efficiency, customer experience and client satisfaction.
- Be cost conscious and ensure resource is managed as efficiently as possible, maximising opportunities to achieve and exceed targets.
- Develop and maintain highly effective relationships with internal and external clients in order to ensure operational best practice is embraced and client requirements are satisfied
- Coach and develop operational managers at all levels
- Coordinate operational activity across all operating locations to ensure value added solutions are evident to the client
- Ensure that Mortgage Services goals are evident in all aspects of operational delivery and balanced with the specific requirements and expectations of the client.
- Champion and drive a strong culture of compliance with FSA and regulatory principles including TCF
- Represent operations in regular account/services reviews with clients
- Develop a culture in which change and the strive for excellence is considered the norm
- Develop relationships and processes with the requisite parties to maximise sales opportunities and ensure pricing for bids reflects the necessary operational considerations
- Keep up-to-date and fully conversant with changes in the industry/sector
- Support the development of an Operational Centre of Excellence within Financial Services demonstrating operational best practice.
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, including TCF. Manage the implementation and ongoing application of robust TCF principles.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Graduate calibre, ideally with professional qualifications either specific to the sector &/or management Experience of managing diverse/complex/large operations at senior management level over some years, with a proven track record of using best practice to achieve significant results through teams.
- Previous experience and proven success working within a Regulated FSA environment is a necessity for this role.
- In depth knowledge of the UK retail mortgage market, and legal and regulatory framework surrounding financial services.
- Good up to date knowledge and management experience across the end to end product process.
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of this in relation to outsourced service provision.
- Change orientated with ability to control cost and maximise profit through innovation and continual improvement.
- Ideally operated within a role with a broad remit with a proven experience of delivering against operational KPIs & commercial measures
- You will display an ability to build effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- You will have a proven capability in developing the capabilities and efficiencies of individuals and teams, combined with a good level of commercial awareness.
- Capable of demonstrating success working within matrix management structure and building strong internal networks
- High level of personal drive and enthusiasm
- Analytical capacity and capability
- Strategic commercial awareness and acumen
- Influential role model - smart, honest, hardworking and expert
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.