This vacancy is no longer advertised
We currently have a new opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist Head Chef to develop menus that meet customer, client and Sodexo expectations
- To ensure that supplies are ordered in a timely fashion, from Sodexo nominated suppliers only, ensuring stock availability on all planned lines.
- Co -ordinate the production of all meals both patient and staff dining, including special dietary requirements.
- To prepare and present food on time for every service, maintaining adequate levels of product throughout service and minimising waste at the end of service.
- To carry out routine Quality Control Audits and measure performance levels of each aspect of Catering Services.
- To ensure the visual display of all food items is planned and food is presented an appealing manner
- To complete and record all necessary temperature checks of all foods and equipment, in line with our assured safe catering system. Collect all paperwork and end of shift/day sign and file
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene throughout the kitchen utilising staff as required. Ensure all cleaning schedules are adhered to and completed in full daily. These should be signed off as completed and filed in the office weekly.
- To ensure that all accidents are immediately reported to all Parties required in line with Sodexo reporting procedures. These may include incidents such as accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities. You will be required to take actions recommended as a result of investigation of these incidents
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures and thus create a safe working environment.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and training of staff.
- Maintain excellent customer relations by listening, responding and actioning customer feedback within 48hours.
- Compete in the Annual Sodexo Craft competitions including client evenings and craft development days.
- Maintain excellent team relationships instilling a passion for excellent in food crafts
- To attend an annual PDR with your Line Manager and to agree and take ownership of your PDR andyour training and development needs.
- Attend Company Training Courses and District Meetings as requested to ensure you are fully informed on what is happening within the company.
- To demonstrate leadership skills and good conduct of company values
- To motivate and engage the craft team to deliver service and food excellence
- Treat all staff with dignity and respect in the workplace
The Ideal Candidate
- A passion for using local, fresh produce
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking. or equivalent 706/2
- 3 years experience in commercial catering delivering high standards of quality and innovation to the end user
- Bakery Skills
- Experience in motivation and creating passion in a craft team
- Menu planning and Costing experience
- Ability to plan work schedules for a busy craft team
- Ability to ensure that every dish is checked to ensure quality standards are achieved
- Coaching / Mentoring experience
- The ability to innovate and lead on food trends
- Leadership & People Management
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Growth, Client & Customer Satisfaction / Quality of Services provided
- Innovation and Change
- Commercial Awareness
- Planning & Organization
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.