We're looking for a Service Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll be responsible for working with colleagues across the bank and external parties to create and support file transfer solutions using IBM’s Connect:Direct on IBM Mainframe, Unix and Windows platforms
- It's an excellent opportunity to work in one of the latest managed file transfer estates in the UK
- You will support our challenging and technical environment, where you will have great exposure to some of the best cutting edge enterprise level technologies in the industry
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced Connect:Direct technician who has knowledge of Connect:Direct on Windows, Unix and IBM Mainframe platforms. You will be working with the 2nd level support team, where you will be responsible for maintaining the Connect:Direct infrastructure used within the Bank. In addition to day to day support activities around problem and incident management, you will peer-check project implementations to ensure they adhere to internal standards, manage and renew Certificates and install, maintain and upgrade Connect:Direct on all our platforms.
- Perform technical recovery for incidents using documentation provided or under instruction from the Service Support teams
- Contribute to incident management by invoking the process in a timely manner, participating in meetings as required and performing recovery actions under instruction
- Provide technical design and consultancy services to both internal and external clients who are looking to exploit and develop file transfer solutions
- Act as the first point of contact for the File Transfer team, manage the Helpdesk and monitor incident and problem management incidents
- Contribute to the implementation of fixes and modifications by engaging in the change management process by implementing records assigned to as required
- Support a central point of customer contact and first or second level support using the incident management and request fulfilment processes
- Provide development or support in either a production or development environment, as well as efficient and effective design, development, implementation or support of IT systems
The skills you'll need
You should be able to work under pressure and be a team player. Knowledge of risk management, incident and problem and change management with Service Now would also be useful but not essential as training will be provided.
This is a technical role and to succeed it's essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- IBM Connect:Direct software installation on Windows, Unix and Mainframe.
- Experience of Secure+, SFTP and FTPS
- Knowledge of IBM Mainframe, Unix and Windows operating systems.
- IBM Control Centre
- Certificate Management
- Sterling File Gateway
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Role posting date - 27/03/18 - 24/04/18