Delivering items by preparing, loading, unloading, operating, and maintaining cleanliness of a van; developing sales; maintaining records. Must be over 21 for insurance purposes. Sales will be included and weekend work may also be involved.
Working a minimum of 2 days per week which can vary up to 5 days depending on abilities.
* Prepares van for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; validating adherence to roadability standards.
* Loading van by ordering, placing, and securing items.
* Delivering items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the van; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
* Developing sales by reviewing standing orders; analysing sales; recommending changes and new products; taking and placing orders; calling on potential customers.
* Serving customers by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints; adjusting orders.
* Obtaining payment by accepting cash, checks, and credit card payments.
* Maintaing van operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.
* Maintaing safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organisation operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleaning van exterior and interior.
* Maintaining delivery, van, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and van performance forms.
* Updating job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
* Enhancing organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Data Entry Skills, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Deadline-Oriented, Travel, Acute Vision, Manual Handling, Selling to Customer Needs, Dependability.
Driving Licence required.
Minimum age 21 for insurance purposes.
Good timekeeping and presentation.
Able to interact with customers.