- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Chefs and Cooks
- Location: Ardrishaig
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Recruitment Team
Scottish Canals are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at our brand new catering destination, The Steamer Terminal in Ardrishaig!
We are looking to appoint a keen and motivated Sous Chef to work alongside a dedicated catering team in our new destination, The Steamer Terminal. The successful candidate will have the ability to meet and achieve preparation and food delivery deadlines, especially within peak season, with a flexible attitude to working hours.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Daily running of the kitchen
- Food preparation as required
- Working alongside the front of house team to ensure the smooth running of the Steamer Terminal cafe
- Ensuring health and safety records are kept up to date.
- Managing food purchase and storage
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Be aware of the food preparation level during busy and quiet times.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Catering
- Previous experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 1 year
- Experience of working with large volume food preparation
- Good communication and team working
- Highly organised with excellent planning
- Able to work under pressure in a high-paced environment
- A full driving licence
The role is offered on a permanent basis, working an average of 37 hours a week on a 5 out of 7 rota, attracting a salary of circa £22,000.00 dependent on experience. Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 33 days rising to 38 after 5 years (inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, childcare vouchers, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.