We're hiring a Lead Solution Designer to join us in Edinburgh
- This is a Technology role for someone who can deliver innovative digital technology design from concept to physical design
- You'll be joining one of the fastest moving and most strategic areas of the bank, operating at the cutting edge of financial services technology including Cloud, AI & Open banking
- The team offers a supportive culture and strong work-life balance, with a range of flexible working options available
What you'll do
You'll work in in the Technology team that deliver the designs, methods, tools, processes and capabilities we need to provide world class digital solutions for our personal and business banking customers. The team's work is diverse and covers mobile and e-banking making use of technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and responding to wider disruptions such as Open Banking. You'll be joining a collaborative environment which fosters a flexible and agile approach to innovation.
Keys aspects of your role will include:
- Working with stakeholders to identify investment priorities, define opportunities and shape journeys which meet specific strategic goals and reduce business and customer pain points
- Analysing and synthesising requirements into coherent end-to-end designs which consider the corresponding business architecture
- Documenting the bill of materials and IT design using standard methods
- Aligning with enterprise architects to make sure we adhere to standards, principles and governance
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a background in driving digital solution architecture, design and development in a large scale, transactional organisation.
We'll also expect:
- Generalist technical knowledge and experience of implementing digital enabled solutions
- Integration of 3rd party solutions, API use and API design, Java stack and Web application architectures
- Broad Technology experience covering large scale and high transaction volume applications
- Proven specialist knowledge of Application solution design, preferably in areas such as digital experience management, multi-channel, multi-device, process, services, communications, data, development, and infrastructure
- The ability to lead and collaborate with both internal and external partners
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.