- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 265343
To handle a range of customer queries across a range of channels, using strong customer focussed skills and ensuring customers receive accurate and timely responses to their queries.
Dimensions & Scope
The role holder will work on customer contacts to meet personal, team and customer expectations
The role holder will receive support and guidance from a team manager
The role holder may require and will receive training and support on other work areas as dictated by business needsThe role holder may be required to participate in projects in accordance with business needs
Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
Customer Contact & Administration
The role holder will be responsible for carrying out the following for all cases assigned to them
Taking calls from customers on all and any aspect of their claim and providing right first time customer responses
Manage and respond to customer e-mails ensuring the case file is maintained up to date with all correspondence and case notes
Liaise with customers to support them in understanding the complete set of information and documentation specifically required to progress their claim
Provide feedback to customers on whether their case meets the criteria to proceed or not
Support customers in utilising the best tools available to them to set up and track their claim, in line with FSCS' Digital First strategy
Ensure all relevant data is captured to provide MI on claims being processed
In addition to the role holder's case management duties, they will also be required to: -
- Participate in training and coaching sessions required to achieve and maintain the level of competency required to perform their duties
- Maintain consistent level of performance to maintain competency and support fair customer outcomes.
- Receive and act on feedback received from both internal and external quality assurance functions
- Adhere to all Capita policy and regulations as they relate to the role holder as an employee
- Participate in team meetings, feedback session and coaching sessions
- Complete all relevant client and Capita mandatory training requirements
People:While not having any line management responsibilities, the role holder is required to work effectively as part of a team in a collaborative and engaged manner, at all times demonstrating FSCS and Capita values.
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent telephony and customer service skills
- Numeracy and computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Customer focused when dealing with a range of people
- Attention to detail
- A clear understanding of how, as a team player, their role and responsibilities contributes to fair customer outcomes.
- Strong customer focus gained in a customer facing environment