- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Hotel Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: EUR013CZ
The Hotel Accounting - Banking Manager will assume responsibility for the day to day smooth running of the Hotel Banking function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. Working with the Senior Manager of Hotel Accounting, you will be supervising, monitoring and supporting the team in the delivery of the functions key activities. You will be expected to have day to day involvement across the team and in addition take a lead role in training and team development.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and with the ability to build and maintain strong business and 3rd party relationships. Participation in project management in respect of Banking tasks and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role. You will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos whilst ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained from a hotel Banking perspective.
• Work with the Senior Manager to establish strategy, goals, key initiatives and priorities for the function. Plan and direct the Accounting team workloads and priorities, ensuring all key department tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly
• Support the Senior Manager in influencing and motivating the team, with the goal of ensuring all the functions tasks are performed in the most efficient and effective way
• Put in place schedules to support the maintenance and revision, where necessary, of all controls documentation in line with the organisation's SOX compliance routines and deliverables.
• Implement processes to support the successful conclusion of all SOX compliance testing and reviews, including peer checks, checklists and other such tools.
• Liaise with key customers and stakeholders to enable an efficient operation of Banking processes in accordance with Service Level Agreements
• Support the coordination of activities with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved, where necessary for the specific activities associated with operating a successful Banking function
• Organise workload of the Accounting team to deliver efficient output within required deadlines
• Create an environment that encourages the team to develop and maintain Hotel Banking Desktop Procedures, ensuring that key tasks are properly documented
• Streamline processing within the department, ensuring best practice is adopted.
• Advise the Hotel Accounting Senior Manager in the planning of holidays and other staff leave for the Banking team.
• Lead and motivate the day to day activities of the team to deliver services efficiently and with a customer focused approach at all times.
• Supervise and evaluate Banking staff and build competence with relevant employees through training, best practice sharing, etc.
• Deliver positive change to the Banking function and encourage ‘continuous improvement' within the team.
• Ensure cross training plan in place aligned to skills matrix, or similar tool, and ongoing training needs for the Banking team.
• Set up, attend and lead team meetings pertinent to work assignments and other business related activities as required
• Deliver the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business
• Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best Banking practice
• Produce relevant and timely management information.
• Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items.
• Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly closing activities are carried out per guidelines and deadlines are met.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
• High School / GED, or qualification in lieu of
• Experience in a relevant managerial position
• Some international travel as required
• BA / BS / Bachelor's Degree, or qualification in lieu of
• Relevant Banking / Treasury / Accountancy qualification
Check Out Similar Jobs