- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: EUR013CR
The Team Lead of Revenue Accounting will assume responsibility for leading the day to day activities of the Revenue Accounting function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. You will support the implementation of the Revenue Accounting strategy for Hilton within the UK, ensuring all revenue is accurately and effectively reported in the financial statements of the hotels and organisation.
You will be expected to work closely with, advise and recommend to Hilton's UK Senior Management on optimum delivery solutions which can be expected from a progressive upper quartile Accounting service.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and take the lead in building and maintaining strong business and 3rd Party relationships. Project participation skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight financial deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
You will drive delivery of team goals and objective and tightly manage staff on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to accurately interpret key business drivers within the Revenue Accounting arena and to take appropriate action where necessary. .
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• Under the guidance of management, support the delivery of strategy, goals, key initiatives and priorities for the function
• Plan and the Revenue Accounting team workloads and priorities, ensuring all department tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly
• Influence and motivate the team and ensure all function tasks are performed in the most efficient and effective way
• Maintain and recommend revisions, where necessary, of controls documentation in line with the organisation SOX compliance routines and deliverables
• Deliver the processes to support the successful conclusion of all SOX compliance testing and reviews, including peer checks, checklists and other such tools.
• Support the team in understanding and delivering guidance on revenue accounting policy and procedures and updates
• Support the team in working with 3rd party providers to implement system / process changes as required, with a continuous monitoring process in place to track and confirm all changes to system and to ensure parameters meet the needs of the business
• Implement and manage function processes to ensure goals are achieved
• Provide guidance and review on revenue reporting for hotels and corporate and ensure all reporting deadlines are met
• Following direction and guidance from management, carrying out and coordinating all required Revenue Accounting related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
• Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management and implement, upon agreement
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Revenue Accounting responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
• Support the Senior Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency.
• Ensure all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting are carried out per guidelines and deadlines.
• Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes, ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Analytical review and sign off of the revenue accounting to confirm all postings are accurate and timely in line with expectations
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required reporting and submissions deadlines are met
• Co-ordinate the efficient compilation and routing of the management packs for hotels and other stakeholders
• Monitor and manage the team's progress towards delivery of tasks through dashboard reporting, or similar, at individual Hotel level to confirm on track status and resolve open items; taking corrective action to ensure team goals and objectives are met
What are we looking for?
• Able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities, whilst achieving the desired results
• Experience in working in a SOX compliant controls environment
• Excellent technical accounting skills and a solid understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting principles with practical application of revenue accounting
• Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members.
• A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers
• Strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages and Essbase
• Previous experience of working within a Shared Services / Centre of Excellence environment
- Hospitality industry experience
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Relevant level of work experience in Accounting
• High school/GED
• Team Leader experience
• BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or experience in lieu thereof
• Accounting Certification/Qualification
Please note some element of international travel may be required
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.