- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 4tbko
The role requires experience in a project-based Quality Management position. Candidates should preferably be degree qualified in either a quality management field, construction or civil engineering discipline. They should have experience of working in the construction industry, an understanding of quality management systems and be a trained auditor.
Reporting to the Regional Quality Manager and Project Director/Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Establishing the Company Management System (CMS) conforming to ISO9001:2015 on the projects and:
- Monitoring and reporting on its implementation
- Ensuring its effectiveness through Surveillance, Audit and System Review
- Supporting users in its use
- Delivering training
• Assisting with the induction and training of project staff and subcontractors on "right first time" philosophy
• Supporting the education of supply chains to ensure quality targets and deliverables are met
• Reviewing quality reports, highlighting best practice and taking action where appropriate
• Assisting project teams with the initial development and ongoing maintenance of quality related documentation including Project Control Plans and Inspection and Test Plans to ensure their relevance to project quality requirements
• Ensuring all project, client and Sir Robert McAlpine quality requirements are embedded in commercial documentation with trade contractors and delivered on site
• Supporting the project team in delivering quality leadership Initiatives
• Auditing other projects within the region if required by the Regional Quality Manager
• Auditing subcontractors and their off-site facilities
An excellent communicator with good presentational skills, you are passionate about quality, have the ability to influence and inspire others and lead by example.
You are highly organised and able to prioritise under pressure, are self-motivated with a creative attitude and able to take the initiative.
You will have strong problem solving skills and a working knowledge of digital technology in construction.
You are a trained auditor, have worked in the construction industry and have experience in quality management systems, including ongoing development and site quality practices. You hold the relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card and are working towards or are a Chartered Member of the CQI / CIOB / ICE or equivalent.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.