Join us in Manchester or Edinburgh as a Privacy Manager
- Joining us as a Privacy Manager, you'll be working in a successful team supporting the application and implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You'll predominately be responsible for providing bank wide global support capabilities, to ensure that legislation and regulation under the new European Data Protection Regulation is correctly implemented
- This role sits within our central Privacy team within Data & Analytics, a shared service responsible for providing bank wide, global support capabilities to all of our businesses
What you'll do
You'll provide subject matter expertise for policy, legislation and regulations across our Services division. We'll look to you to understand the implications and impact of regulations on Services, as we deliver on our strategy to be number one for customer service, trust and advocacy.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Supporting the continuing build, implementation and management of the regulatory, conduct and control framework, facilitating adherence to regulation and policy and challenging the business unit executive on its effective implementation
- Developing regulatory risk opinions and recommendations to support on-going improvements to business compliance and the regulatory risk profile
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and the Privacy & Client Confidentiality policy, by supporting the Executive in discharging the responsibilities of their roles
- Building effective relationships with stakeholders to support the timely, effective and efficient delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives
- Supporting the Lead Manager in delivering the local and RBS privacy strategy
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, it's vital that you have experience of interpreting and applying data protection, including GDPR, in a commercial environment. You'll need to be qualified in Privacy and Client Confidentiality, and legal counsel experience would be a significant advantage.
Risk management skills would also be preferred.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- A strong track record of stakeholder engagement and management
- The ability to support and influence others to deliver strategy and business objectives
- A proven ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, with a passion to deliver high standards of work consistently
- Experience and knowledge of working in a commercial environment, preferably in a financial organisation
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.