- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 72710
Join us in Edinburgh as a Risk Analysis Manager
- We're looking for an experienced analytical based risk manager to help support our strategic objective to inform business strategy decisions using Risk Appetite Earnings Volatility
- You join a team that is committed to bringing useful risk insights to the business and helping to inform portfolio management teams on how they can improve their risk profile
- Let us help you develop your knowledge of how stress and risk impacts business returns, and how these can be managed and optimised in respect of credit, income, operational, conduct and market risk
What you'll do
As a Risk Analysis Manager you'll support the existing risk appetite framework for Earnings Volatility. As such, you'll use different tools such as stress testing, economic capital or sensitivities to identify risk pockets and opportunities in our businesses. You'll work with a broad range of stakeholders in risk and finance to improve our risk verses reward proposition, and help the business deliver a more sustainable risk profile.
Within your role, you'll also:
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Collate and present materials and papers for risk governance and business dissemination
- Learn about stress testing, capital use and risk optimisation
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need to bring excellent analytical capabilities to effectively support and promote the consideration of risk within business decision making. You'll ensure that we're aware of the potential impact risk can have on forecast earnings and capital requirements. Therefore, it is essential that you bring experience in Excel for analytical purposes.
We'll also look to you to have:
- A structured methodical approach to analysing, investigating, and presenting data issues
- Experience of profit and loss reporting
- The proven ability to form and maintain strong relationships at a senior level with both suppliers and customers
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.