- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 413669100
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK.
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business.
Within Scotland, we advise clients in a variety of sectors, including Financial Services, Oil and Gas, International and Property clients.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit a motivated individual with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at Senior Manager Level, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets. This is a generalist Indirect Tax role, but with some focus on the Financial Services Sector. As such, experience in Financial Services Indirect Tax would be advantageous, but not essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a range of clients
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients
- Business development and winning work from existing and new clients
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients
- Leading and managing large client projects
- Delegating work to and reviewing work carried out by junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective
- Developing and managing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective
- Advising on technical issues
Qualifications and Skills
ACA or CTA qualified preferable but not essential
Experience and Background
- Experience of working in Practice;
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
- Can identify business development opportunities and generate sales;
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities;
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback. Coaches less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
From £18,000 per annum, Glasgow