- Contact: Sarah Ralston
- Reference: Engineering Technicians, Feed Plant
Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. The plant will open in the autumn of 2018 and will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and in Norway.
We are seeking eight experienced and highly motivated Engineers to ensure the continued smooth running of plant and to support production targets. Successful candidates will have experience working with either mechanical systems, electrical systems or both.
Successful candidates will be required to work a 40-hour week, normally during the working day though later shifts and on call work will also be required.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Undertake maintenance and operational activities on process equipment, buildings and grounds in a professional manner within a world leading and fast paced production environment
- Ensure compliance with departmental and operational safety and regulatory requirements
- Undertake electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and report symptoms and discuss best course of action with management
- Cooperate and engage with external contractors and all other internal departments on site
- Clearly record work completed and report process or safety critical faults with plant through asset management software
- Commit to a comprehensive training and professional development programme
- Share knowledge and experience within the engineering team and beyond to encourage the continued development of organisational competence
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in production, manufacturing, maintenance or servicing environments
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work alone or as part of a team
- Experience working with asset/maintenance management software, controlled work permit systems and following procedures
- Completed higher education in electrical or mechanical engineering fields
(or both) from HNC to Degree level, either through time served apprenticeship or academic study
- Must have a proven aptitude for hands on, mechanical/electrical servicing
- Previous experience using tools of the trade or working in a workshop environment essential
- Proficient computer skills (Experience of Microsoft applications minimum)
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental protocols and experience undertaking risk assessments and exercising risk reduction measures
Engineering Technicians will attract a very competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company pension. A full clean driving licence is desirable.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV to our MHS People website by Monday 14 May 2018. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the internet, please apply in writing to the Human Resources Department, Stob Ban House, Glen Nevis Business Park, Fort William, PH33 6RX.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.