- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 71959
Join us in Edinburgh as a Digital Front-end Designer
- In this highly visible role, you'll be working with cutting edge technology and leading designs for apps, tools and servers that will in turn benefit all of our customer facing colleagues
- Joining our multi award-winning team, you'll be perfectly positioned to have a genuine business impact
- This is an autonomous and flexible role, and one in which you'll have the opportunity to significantly develop your specialist skills
What you'll do
As a Digital Front-end Designer, you'll be uniquely positioned to use your skillset to generate engaging visuals in the world of data and analytics. You'll help us to design and build a range of innovative software that allows us to actively manage the performance of over 15,000 colleagues across the bank, using intelligent systems to recommend actions and recognise success.
You’ll also contribute to a variety of exciting and cutting edge projects where your passion for design and strong creative skills will allow you to contribute new and innovative concepts, while adapting to the changing and evolving environment. These skills, coupled with strong development knowledge, will allow you to utilise agile software development using both scrum and Kanban to quickly deliver features to our end users, while working as part of our high performing design and development team.
As well as this, you'll:
- Deliver well-crafted and high quality digital visualisations of complex data
- Lead improvements to existing reporting with creative design thinking
- Work with your team to deliver highly engaging and interactive business insights and web applications
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a creative thinker and problem solver who works well individually or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. You'll need to be an intelligent and pragmatic developer, with a strong passion for design, and we'll be looking for you to demonstrate this through a portfolio of work.
Strong knowledge of D3.js or other data visualisation tools will be essential.
Your main skills and experience will ideally include:
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills with knowledge of modern design and UX trends and patterns
- Full product lifecycle experience
- Prototyping experience using Axure, Sketch or Balsamiq
- Experience in - or an interest to learn - data science for exploring data
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.