- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Tour Operation
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT053K4
The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our hotel video
Conferences & Events Operations
With a total of ten private rooms to choose from, we can provide guests with layouts to suit every occasion: from seminar rooms and classrooms through theatre, cabaret style and banquet, to a reception for up to 500 guests.
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as Assistant Conferences & Events Operations Manager?
• It's your world– Your next role could be as Conference & Events Operations Manager, or why not move into a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
• Personal Development programmes for every level
• Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
• Yearly team outings
• Do not forget a competitive starting salary
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Manager for the Conference and Events Operations department at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible in ensuring your department delivers an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
• You will be the face of the outlet, communicating with the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorable experience
• Promptly welcome guests and organisers on arrival in the absence of the C&B Manager or Luxury meetings concierge. Go through welcome packs and requirements ensuring the client is comfortable and their needs are being met
• Be aware of the daily events taking place in the hotel at all times. To include functions, VIP's and key appointments
• Manage, supervise (or delegate to supervisors) conferences and events in the absence of the C&E Operations Manager
• Have a proactive approach to customer needs and highlight any shortfalls to the C&E Operations manager
• Meet deadlines set with regards to projects and tasks, whilst also ensuring supervisors and team leaders are meeting their deadline too
• Prepare or update rota in the absence of the C&E Operations Manager
• Be able to understand departmental P&L and other reports
• Assist the C&E Operations manager in keeping on set P&L Targets – Payroll, cost of sales, etc...
• Supervise and assist in the set up and clearing of conference and banqueting rooms according to Waldorf Astoria standards
• Place stores requisitions or ensure they are placed by C&E supervisors or team leaders
• Have a full understanding of the week's events
• Responsibly delegate tasks and small events to Team Leaders, assuming responsibility for all that is delegated
• Provide and implement service of all food and drink to the required luxury standards
• Supervise and assist in maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the Conference and Events areas at all times
• Set up and organise internal audio visual equipment required by the client
• Assist in the training and development of others
• Maximise selling opportunities by up-selling at every opportunity
• Know and practice correct safe lifting techniques following manual handling procedures
• Handle complaints promptly and professionally by demonstrating genuine customer care and concern, ensuring a senior member of the team is informed of any situation
• Log parcels in the hotel, maintain correct record of parcels and packages
• Continuously strive to improve service standards and quality of product
• Be security conscious at all times, and report any suspicious activity
• As an Assistant Manager, you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
• Passion and willingness to learn
• Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
• Genuinely friendly and caring
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Able to lead a team
• Ambitious and hard working
• Good communication and excellent grooming standards
• It would be advantageous if you worked in Food and Beverage previously.
• There is no specific education or qualification required for this job.
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Check Out Similar Jobs