- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Tour Operation
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT053K5
The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our hotel video
Conferences & Events Operations
With a total of ten private rooms to choose from, we can provide guests with layouts to suit every occasion: from seminar rooms and classrooms through theatre, cabaret style and banquet, to a reception for up to 500 guests.
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Conferences & Events Operations Team Leader?
• It's your world– Your next role could be as Supervisor or assistant manager, or why not move into a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
• Personal Development programmes for every level
• Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
• Yearly team outings
• Do not forget a competitive starting salary
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Team leader for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for helping your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
• You will be the face of the outlet, communicating with the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorable experience
• Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating great customer service
• Able to also work in different areas of Food & Beverage including Breakfast, Bar, Restaurant, In Room Dining and Conference & Events
• Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
• As a Team leader, you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
• Passion and willingness to learn
• Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
• Genuinely friendly and caring
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Ambitious and hard working
• Good communication and excellent grooming standards
• It would be advantageous if you worked in Food and Beverage previously.
• There is no specific education or qualification required for this job.
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Check Out Similar Jobs