We're looking for a Service Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity for someone with an investigative and analytical mindset to join our Vulnerability Management team within Cyber Defence and Security Response
- You'll be conducting analysis of vulnerability and threat intelligence to support technology platforms, and striving to improve technology across the bank
- Hone your existing skill and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be researching and understanding technologies, articulating your findings clearly to management and the Technology Security Board, while keeping up to date with the latest trends and technical pressures.
You'll also be:
- Analysing platform vulnerability reports and determining the issues to prioritise
- Contributing to service improvement by identifying opportunities to leverage existing capabilities
- Coordinating and communicating across other technology disciplines to make sure the threat is fully understood
- Working alongside other teams to understand malware infections and how they may affect the vulnerability process
- Providing overall support to the technology security incident management and recovery process
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll have a good analytical and investigative mindset and be able to think outside the box. Ideally you'll have some exposure to a security, threat or vulnerability environment, but this is not essential.
You'll also need:
- A collaborative attitude to work
- To be highly motivated to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- To be capable of working on your own initiative, balancing a busy workload and making good decisions in a high risk area
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.