Join us in Edinburgh in the role of Technical Analyst, Security Monitoring
- Joining our Infrastructure Services team, you'll play a key role in keeping our customers and employees safe from cyber attacks
- Using the latest intelligence sources provided by governmental, law enforcement and commercial agencies, you'll be an asset to our team, bringing your integrity, analytic mindset and security knowledge
- You'll interact with teams across the world, and you'll be at the forefront of investigating cyber attacks in a field where threats and defensive measures are continually evolving
- We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern over 24 hours a day that will cover weekends and Bank Holidays
What you'll do
As a Technical Analyst, you'll monitor our security alerting and analysis service within Technology. This will include Network Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Anti-Malware and Denial of Service Attack (DDOS). You'll identify security incidents whilst helping to handle them in a timely manner, in accordance with security best practice.
In addition to this your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing assurance of security posture through monitoring security system status
- Giving advice during an incident response and any subsequent reviews following this
- Administering effective low level component design, technical change and implementation of IT systems
- Supporting the running of RBS technology across the whole organisation
- Providing a central point of customer contact for first and second level support
The skills you'll need
You'll need strong technical and analytic skills, and a methodical approach to your work.
Your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Good knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Network Intrusion Detection (NIDs) analysis experience
- Networking protocols and routing
- Malware analysis techniques
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.