- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 68384
We're looking for a Programme Officer to join us in Edinburgh
- Join a highly motivated team as you hold responsibility for improving the planning and delivery process by collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form
- Support the project governance and control, including tracking the performance and progress of projects, project financial control and adoption and compliance with bank-wide change standards
- Play a proactive role in the promotion of programme and project management methods and standards, the implementation of good practice, and the monitoring of certain programmes or projects
- The role offers an interesting and challenging opportunity, where we'll provide training and development to ensure you prosper as you work with current accounts, consumer finance, savings, core platforms and infrastructure
What you'll do
As a Programme Officer, you'll implement guidelines, procedures and templates to collect and maintain consistent data and provide hands-on delivery support to a programme or project. You'll facilitate the creation and update of programme or project plans as required. Supporting in the identification of where cross-project dependencies exist, you'll track and monitor these in support of the Programme or Project Manager.
Through the course of your work, you'll:
- Support the management in the implementation of agreed regular progress-reporting mechanisms for all projects and thereby monitor routine progress of projects, and assist in the preparation of the programme status
- Establish and maintain an information management system, manage both electronic and hard-copy configuration libraries
- Provide basic training in Configuration Management techniques
- Ensure and drive quality assurance activities for various project deliverables, and maintain project repositories along with compliance to established processes
- Apply and support P3M standard process by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements as well as awareness of agile and other methodology
- Manage or facilitate the quality review process for programmes or projects
- Provide secretariat activities including meeting minutes, inputting papers to the meetings, and communications to stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a professional individual with strong project management experience. You'll understand and have knowledge gained from a project support role, as well as different project types and the project lifecycle.
We'll also look to you to have:
- Expertise in tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, MSP, Plainview, Oracle and SharePoint
- Confidence in challenging when needed
- Skill at identifying gaps in processes and procedures, and producing solutions
- Excellent team working capability, to contribute to the overall teams success
- A logical approach to your work, and the resilience to work effectively on projects that at times will be challenging
- Strong communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.