Join us as a Business Analyst in Edinburgh
- Hone your project skills and take on a new challenge with great learning and development potential
- You'll have the opportunity to work with Current Accounts, Consumer Finance, Savings, Core platforms and Infrastructure, on a range of different projects aimed at providing our customers with the best banking experience
- You'll be joining a collaborative team culture, and we'll provide full training to support your development in the role
What you'll do
You'll be enabling change within our organisation by conducting business analysis for a range of projects of varying size, in the Personal & Business Banking space. This will involve building a deep understanding of business and project objectives, defining requirements, and working collaboratively to identify solutions that will deliver value for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Capturing, validating and documenting business requirements, ensuring they are in line with key strategic principles
- Interpreting diverse and large bodies of data in relation to project goals and progress
- Investigating feasibility and solution options and performing impact analysis
- Planning ahead to mitigate project risks and following project controls and governance principles
- Working with a range of stakeholders and collaborating across different project and business areas
- Proactively identifying process gaps and ways of improving the way we work
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a great communicator with experience in business analysis. You'll also need a strong mix of analytic, technical and problem solving skills, and a collaborative approach to your work.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of relevant business processes and the project life-cycle
- Experience of analysing problems and coming up with clear and effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships both within a small team and with a wide range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- A record of working effectively with others to deliver on shared goals
- The enthusiasm to take the initiative, keep learning, and explore new ideas and possibilities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.