The Uist Energy in Motion Project Team is looking to recruit an energetic and self- motivated person to implement an innovative project to promote the use of electric vehicles in Uist. Primary tasks will include:
• Developing information resources for the community on electric vehicles;
• Setting up demonstration events in North and South Uist and Benbecula;
• Procuring and project managing the installation of EV chargers at Cothrom and Claddach Kirkibost;
• Providing advice and support to local garages to engage in EV training;
• Providing advice and contacts to local companies in engaging with the installation of home EV chargers.
The job will be based at the Claddach Kirkibost Centre (North Uist) and will involve regular work with Cothrom (South Uist).
The position is funded through the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund and by Comhairle nan Eilean Siar.
The successful applicant will report to the project partners – Urachadh Uibhist, Cothrom, North Uist Development Company and Community Energy Scotland.
Closing date for applications: 23 April.
Interviews will be held week commencing 30 April with a view to starting 1 June.
For a job description and application form please visit either or or email or Tel: 01876 580331.
The applicant will have a good understanding of the issues affecting fragile rural areas and be IT literate. A relevant qualification or prior experience in community-led development and renewable energy issues would be advantageous, in particular an understanding of the benefits and challenges of electric vehicles.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.