Highland Reach Out, Fort William (with travel throughout Lochaber)
Salary: £19,097 - £21,186 per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday 7 May 2018
Provisional interview date: Friday 11 May 2018
Are you interested in supporting adults who might be homeless, or at risk of homelessness, to sustain their tenancies?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers, and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people’s wellbeing and out of school care services.
Ypeople Highland Reach Out is a community-based outreach housing support service, available to people in the Highland Council area. Support is delivered to adults (age 16+) who are living in their own or temporary (including bed and breakfast) accommodation.
This service aims to reduce the levels of homelessness and repeat homelessness, and enable individuals to live independently in permanent accommodation.
How you will make a difference:
- Helping with tenancy set up and maintenance, including housing advice, access to furniture, Universal Credit, establishing utilities, budgeting, and tenancy responsibilities
- Signposting to access education and employment opportunities
How we will support you:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second)
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training and qualifications)
What you will bring:
- Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core values
- SVQ level 3 in Social Services and Healthcare or equivalent (or willing to work towards)
- Awareness of current relevant legislation and policies relating to housing and social care
- Awareness of issues surrounding homelessness and the PIE framework