- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Rowardennan
- From £7.83 per hour GBP 8
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Aaron Wilson
- Reference: ROWA07218
Position: Seasonal Hostel Assistant x 3
Location: Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel, By Drymen, Glasgow, G63 0AR
Accommodation: Live-in accommodation available (note: there will be a small weekly fee).
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Hours: 40 per week
Contract: Fixed Term, immediate start until 30/Sep/18
We are currently seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals with commitment to provide an excellent customer service to join our team at our Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel.
You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
- Full reception service to hostel guests including check-in/out, handling customer enquiries and providing information, guidance and support for guests and their onward travels, general customer service, housekeeping, laundry and catering duties (e.g. providing assistance to the chef during breakfast, dinners and function service. This may include waiting tables, cooking and preparing foodstuffs as well as cleaning and washing up.)
Suitable applicant will have:
- Worked successfully in a customer facing role, preferably in similar hospitality surroundings
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as team as well as without supervision.
- Gained experience in cash handling, will be IT literate (Word, Excel, Outlook and email)
- Keen attention to details.
- Flexible approach to work in order to support the Youth Hostel including working nights or on weekends.
Team members will be trained in all areas and will rotate through a variety of shifts to ensure everyone is capable of covering the various aspects of the hostel running.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- Previously experience in housekeeping or cleaning as well as reception duties or working night within hospitality, service or tourism industries
- The provision of customer service during busy times can be demanding. Flexibility and adaptability as well as a can-do attitude and the ability to work under pressure will be an important attribute of the candidate. Please note that post holder may undertake occasional night shift duties.
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel operates with a relatively small close knit team and requires successful candidates to live and work closely with colleagues. It is therefore essential that all members are capable and willing to assist each other and maintain team morale to ensure a positive environment for guest experience.
- The role also involves some physical activities such as bed making of bunk beds with upper and lower beds, including stripping and turning beds.
- A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment.
How to apply:
Further information on Hostelling Scotland and this vacancy, please visit our website. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please forward your application with covering letter to Aaron Wilson, Central Group Manager, c/o Rowardennan Youth Hostel, By Drymen, Glasgow, G63 0AR.
Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us after two weeks of your application you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.