Full Job Description
1. Strategic Development/Events Planning
• You may be required to attend Sub-Committee meetings and monthly meetings of the Board of Directors of Linnhe Leisure.
• You will be responsible for the practical delivery of all commercial use of The Nevis Centre premises and will ensure the highest standard of delivery for each event / client group.
• You will build strong external relationships with clients and suppliers.
• You will liaise and build relationships with partner organisations such as The Highland Council, Chamber of Commerce, Outdoor Capital of the UK (OCUK), and other relevant bodies to promote The Nevis Centre as an events venue and community hub.
• You will ensure the efficient operation of purchasing processes in order to achieve optimum value for money.
• You will ensure all financial practices remain compliant with the company's Financial Procedures Manual.
• You will ensure adequate security precautions are taken to safeguard financial and other assets.
• You will ensure compliance with all licensing, Health & Safety and fire regulations.
• You will ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation.
• You are required to qualify as a Personal Licence Holder and maintain this qualification.
4. HR/Staff Development
• You will be involved in the implementation of HR policies ensuring that these policies are adhered to throughout The Nevis Centre.
• You will line manage allocated departments to develop a highly motivated, flexible and multi-skilled team of employees.
• You will maintain a flexible and high-profile presence throughout The Nevis Centre, attending key meetings and events and supporting staff where required.
5. Security and Maintenance
• You will be responsible for the security of the premises in all respects.
• You will ensure The Nevis Centre buildings and grounds are maintained to the highest standards.
• You will organise appropriate unplanned repairs and maintenance when required in line with procedures.
• Maintain a professional and positive image of The Nevis Centre at all times.
• Ensure the highest level of customer care throughout The Nevis Centre.
• Respond appropriately to urgent issues as these arise.
• Fulfil any other duties as reasonably required of the role and / or requested by the Centre Manager and the Board of Directors.
• Be expected to work evenings, weekends and bank /public holidays on a rota basis with other members of the management team.
7. Specific Shift Duties
• Complete a ‘travel path’ of the premises.
• Check the biomass heating system is working correctly.
• Check all tills at the beginning of your shift, check the ‘float’ and sign off.
• Prepare for events on the current and following day as detailed in the diary.
• Collect payments from client users as and when required.
• You will check the staff rota against the diary for the following day.
• Check all staff comply with the Dress Code policy.
• Remove all waste to the outside bins.
• Ensure bars are fully stocked and that all stock is rotated correctly.
• Ensure sweet/snack machines are fully stocked.
• Ensure all machines are switched off at close of business.
• Take ‘z ’readings from the tills and remove to main office at close of business; complete the daily till report and deposit all monies in the safe.
In addition to the above, you will have specific responsibility for:
• You will promote the Centre as a venue to potential commercial and business users for conferencing, trade fairs, exhibitions, etc.
• You will promote the Centre’s facilities to entertainment and booking agents.
• You will liaise with Indy Group and Screen Machine to promote cinema screenings in the Centre.
• You will liaise with partner agencies e.g. Visitscotland.
• You will liaise with local companies / organisations and businesses.
• You will attend meetings, events and seminars to promote the Nevis Centre and make network connections.
• You will seek sponsorship and donations.
• You will liaise with event organisers and booking agents to ensure their needs are met.
• You will be responsible for devising information packs for potential clients such as booking agents and business clients.
• You will ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulations in all marketing.
• You will ensure funders are acknowledged in all marketing and publicity materials in line with their guidelines.
• You will maintain the website to keep it current and up-to-date.
• You will plan and create high-value, rich content to social media channels.
• You will plan and generate news and feature ideas to create a positive profile including press releases.
• You will produce a quarterly newsletter / magazine for e-circulation to customers and stakeholders.
• You will respond to media enquiries.
• You will develop marketing and promotional plans for each of the Centre’s departments.
• You will review current income streams and research new ways to promote and broaden them.
• You will maximise income from all departments including sales opportunities for merchandise e.g. food / beverage.
• You will convene a monthly meeting with department supervisors and their respective line manager for the purpose of creating promotional plans.
• You will lead on the implementation of these promotional plans, including presentation to the Board of Directors.
• You will set up an online ticketing facility on the website for events, concerts, etc.
• You will develop and implement a loyalty card scheme for customers.
• You will be involved with staff appraisal for a designated number of customer service assistants and casual staff.
- Educated to degree level in marketing or a business-related field or have equivalent job related experience.
- Ability to obtain a personal licence under the terms of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2006.
- Experience of implementing & managing administrative systems.
- Experience of managing websites incl online booking systems & social media.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of effective internal and external communications, social media, publicity, advertising and community relations.
- Proven ability to form good external partnerships.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and have an outgoing personality.
- Be committed to high standards of care for both external and internal customers.
- Have an interest and understanding of the arts.
- have the ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the organisation.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.