- Sector: Graduate/Trainee
- Location: Cairngorms National Park
- £16,900 per annum GBP 16900
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Adopt an Intern
- Reference: AAI-CNPA-MAY18
£16,900 per annum
Full-time, fixed term for one year
Closing date: 16 May 2018, 12 noon
About the organisation
The Cairngorms National Park was established in September 2003 and the Cairngorms National Park Authority (CNPA) became fully operational at the same time – taking on the statutory powers necessary to ensure successful and sustainable development of the area.
The CNPA is designed to be an enabling organisation, promoting partnership working, and giving leadership to all those involved in the Cairngorms. The Park Authority does not duplicate the work of other organisations, such as the enterprise agencies or Scottish Natural Heritage, but is there to ensure that there is a joined-up approach to projects and initiatives that help to meet the four aims of the Park which are:
1. To conserve and enhance the natural and cultural heritage of the area
2. To promote sustainable use of the natural resources of the area
3. To promote understanding and enjoyment (including enjoyment in the form of recreation) of the special qualities of the area by the public
4. To promote sustainable economic and social development of the area’s communities
For more information on the National Park and the CNPA please visit the website ().
The Cairngorms NPA Finance Team is seeking a graduate with an interest in public finance and administration to help deliver its busy workload supporting the National Park Authority’s finance and administration processes, and also supporting a range of partners in the delivery of significant projects supporting natural and cultural heritage, community development and integrated land management.
The post-holder will undertake a range of duties supporting the Authority’s management and financial accounting process; processing transactions through our SAGE accounts package; liaising with staff and external organisations supported by the Authority on financial processing and reporting; and ensuring the Authority’s financial systems are robust and delivered effectively and efficiently.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate to get a broad work experience in a small, though busy, finance and accounting team. We will also discuss potential further training with the successful candidate in order to support your future career ideas and the Authority’s business requirements.
• Support a full range of financial transaction processing through the SAGE accounts package and complementary records systems
• Ensure source documents are appropriately authorised, recorded and stored
• Maintain an accurate, up to date record of financial commitments established by orders for goods and services and grant awards
• Assist in production of regular management accounts reports to the Authority’s budget holders
• Assist in production of year-end financial accounts and associated working papers, both for the Authority’s own accounts and for accounts of community based organisations and charities supported by the Authority
• Support the maintenance of accurate records of project activities, and of the delivery of key performance indicators by projects, ensuring there is suitable and appropriate evidence to support project grant claims to be submitted by the Authority to external funders
• Support all audit activities undertaken within the Authority by internal and external audit, assisting the team in the provision of accurate and comprehensive information to meet audit requirements and following up on subsequent audit information requests
• Assist customers in the development and production of any financial reports required in delivery of their activities
• Provide support as required and in keeping with the grade of the post to the Cairngorms Finance Manager in the development and delivery of the team’s services
All post holders are required to be flexible with regards their job description so that the organisation can adapt to new opportunities and priorities over time. The post holder may be required to undertake other work as necessitated by the requirements of the organisation and in keeping with the grade of the post.
The successful candidate will have a financial, accounting or business qualification at Higher National Diploma (HND) or degree level.
The following skills/experience are deemed essential:
• Demonstrable experience of success in roles which require excellent attention to detail in assessing and appraising information, and in maintaining information systems and databases
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated approach to work
• Demonstrable experience of organising and prioritising a busy workload to successfully achieve objectives
• Demonstrable experience of a confident, friendly and supportive approach to engaging with members of the public
• Demonstrable experience of working as an effective team member
• Qualification to a minimum of Higher National Certificate (HNC) level with a high degree of numeracy, demonstrated either through degree content or wider experience and/or education
• Good IT skills in all areas Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.