- Location: Irvine
- £22,866 to £36,480 per annum, Main Grade Teacher 0-6
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: NAY03520
To be responsible and accountable for teaching duties in accordance with the Council’s overall Education and Youth Employment objectives.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To deliver an effective education service in accordance with the Council’s corporate policies and procedures and relevant strategy provision.
• To understand information management and security issues and work in line with legislation and Council policies and guidelines, ensuring that information is used, shared and managed appropriately.
• To undertake any other reasonably required duties, consistent with duties detailed in Part 2 Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook of Conditions of Service, as directed by the Executive Director (Education and Youth Employment) or nominee, in addition to the role specific tasks & responsibilities detailed below.
Role Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
• To deliver effective teaching services in accordance with the directions of the headteacher or other promoted staff.
• To undertake such services in pursuit of good practice including a commitment to pupil and parent/carer focus.
• Teaching assigned class(es) including correction of work, as part of ongoing classwork and maintaining a record of work.
• Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
• Working in partnership with support staff and other professionals in class.
• Maintaining positive behaviour of pupils, contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE CRITERIA
Qualification & RegistrationGTCS registration Required to join the PVG Scheme for this type of regulated work Professional recognition by GTCS Other relevant qualifications Application Form Interview Pre Employment Check
ExperienceExperience in teaching, using a range of teaching strategies Experience of teaching pupils at different stages and, where appropriate, in presenting pupils for National Qualifications. Application Form References Interview
** Professional Values & Personal CommitmentIs familiar with NAC child protection etc Evidence of a commitment to improving practice and widening areas of expertise Has positive relationships with pupils, professional colleagues and other professionals Has a professional commitment to seeking, accepting and acting upon constructive advice on progress Evidence of Continuous Professional Development Evidence of self-evaluation Supporting positive and active partnerships within the community
Application Form References Interview
** Professional Knowledge & UnderstandingKnowledge of the curricular framework, e.g. Curriculum for Excellence Knowledge of how current developments can support effective teaching and learning Commitment to support the development of young people to develop their skills in literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of, for example sustainable development, equal opportunities, additional support needs, citizenship, internal education, education for work, enterprise. Application Form References Interview
** Professional Skills & AbilitiesEffective classroom management & organisation skills Ability to use a variety of media and interact productively with pupils individually and collectively Ability to manage pupil behaviour fairly, sensitively and consistently Ability to work co-operatively with other staff and parents Ability to respond sensitively and appropriately to challenging situations Evidence of effective strategies to support a wide range of pupils’ needs Experience of working with other professionals Experience of working with colleagues in moderation activities Experience of making connections, across different areas of the curriculum, e.g. through inter disciplinary learning Application Form References Interview
OtherAbility to travel throughout North Ayrshire Ability to teach other subjects Application Form Interview Post Employment Check
** The Standards for Registration are actively implemented in teaching establishments within North Ayrshire Council. Evidence of demonstration of this will be explored as part of the recruitment process. Further information on the Standard can be found on the General Teaching Council Scotland (GTCS) website.Additional Information
New applicants must submit an application on-line. You will be notified of the next stage of recruitment by email.
Regulated Work with Children;
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by North Ayrshire Council. Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant PVG check (£59 or £18), which will be deducted in instalments from your wages following commencement of employment. For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit https://www.mygov.scot/organisations/disclosure-scotland/. For further details on North Ayrshire Council’s policy please visit http://www.north-ayrshire.gov.uk/resident/jobs-and-training/pre-employment-checks.aspx.