- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 264119
Senior Bridge Design Engineer
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Bridge Engineer to strengthen our Civil Engineering team in Scotland. We are ideally seeking a recently Chartered Engineer with a wide range of bridge design, strengthening, assessment and inspection experience who wishes to advance their career by taking on more responsibility in the delivery of projects.
Your training and experience to date should provide you with a robust understanding of the various disciplines that contribute to the successful delivery of infrastructure and development projects. From your design experience, you will be able to provide informed technical direction to other team members and review the quality of their work.
- Lead on the delivery of projects ensuring quality, timely delivery and customer satisfaction are at the forefront.
- Provide technical guidance to the structures team and ensure that technical delivery of projects is met to a high standard.
- Lead on the management of risk, health & safety, environmental and quality assurance
- Assist in the growth and development of the Scottish business both externally and internally by building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Assist in the management, development and mentoring of staff within the team to achieve high levels of performance and ensure personal professional development targets are met.
- BEng/BSc Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer Status (MICE or MIStruct E)
- Excellent working knowledge of current design standards, in particular DMRB and Eurocodes
- Major infrastructure design experience especially structures related
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues to ensure the smooth and trouble-free delivery of projects and services
- Good report writing, presentation and communication skills