- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 000440
PS Independent Trustees Limited
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career and join a growing business, PS Independent Trustees (PSIT). PSIT has recently joined with HR Trustees and is now the UK's second largest professional trustee company by turnover.
PSIT offers professional, independent trustee and secretarial services to a wide range of occupational pension schemes. The business looks after well over 200 clients with total assets of over £30bn and covering over 300,000 scheme members. Our main base is in Reading and we have teams in Birmingham and London.
You will be attending meetings, preparing papers and supporting clients on specific governance projects. It is a busy and challenging role as you will be expected to get involved in all aspects of supporting trustees, trustee boards and running their pension schemes. You will work closely with the senior scheme secretary and use your communication skills to build relationships with all the key stakeholders and trustee advisers. As you take on additional responsibilities, there will be opportunities to take a lead role on existing or new clients.
You will have some clients where you will provide Trustee support services for the independent trustees. There will also be opportunities to get involved in governance projects and to take up interim roles including secondments.
Some of the areas you may get involved in:
• Organisation of Trustee and other meetings including preparing agenda and papers to a high standard and in a timely manner.
• Attendance at meetings, presenting papers and participation in discussions, where appropriate.
• Drafting minutes to a high standard.
• Proactive follow up on actions and work in progress.
• Lead discussions with clients on technical issues as appropriate for the role - putting forward ideas and suggestions.
• Ensure that the Trustees meet legal and compliance requirements through development, and maintenance of key scheme governance documents e.g. conflicts register, TKU register, business plans.
• Drafting communications, such as newsletters.
• Project management of services, providers and special exercises.
• Supporting project work, such as adviser selection exercises, de-risking projects and governance reviews.
• Involvement in marketing and client proposals including presentations.
• Training and mentoring of junior staff.
• Using the CRM system to ensure client and other contact details are kept up to date
• Sharing ideas, solutions and client experience with the rest of the team
• Any other responsibilities, as appropriate for the role.
You will have a strong pensions background from in-house or consultancy and ideally, have some previous experience of governance and scheme secretarial work.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
1. Excellent organisational and project management skills
2. Proficient in technical aspects of the role covering DB,DC and hybrid schemes
3. Skilled at planning for and managing all aspects of secretarial role with little supervision
4. Ability to work in high pressure and fast paced environment without diluting the quality of work
5. Deals effectively with challenge/conflict and comes forward with options, ideas and solutions adapted to the audience
6. Ability to assimilate information and communicate complicated scenarios in a simple manner.
7. Willing to study for PMI exams or already working towards PMI qualification
8. Possible PRINCE2 qualification
Newcastle upon Tyne