- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/431456/35127
To provide daily cleaning and facilities support to Lifescan (manufacturing area). Working to strict Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and in accordance with all local working procedures.
- Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness within assigned areas by ensuring that the relevant work instructions and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are followed.
- To ensure accurate completion of area logbooks as required by SOPs.
- Ensure regular checks of the equipment and machines used during the working day. Any faults/defects to be reported to GMP Production Team Leader.
- Participate in the Health and Safety Policy of the Company and report any dangers or hazards to GMP Production Team Leader.
- To attend training sessions appertaining to post.
- Carry out any duties as required by the GMP Production Team Leader.
- To liaise on a daily basis with other members the cleaning team, other staff and customers.
- All employees are required to, and are responsible for adhering to Quality, Compliance and Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and Sodexo procedures applicable to their role. Training
will be provided to ensure that the procedures are understood and responsibilities are defined.
The Ideal Candidate
- General good health.
- Reasonable standard of fitness as job holder on feet for most of the day.
- Uniform to be worn at all times.
- Prepared to work to strict timelines in isolated areas and follow stringent dress codes relevant to GMP.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as directed by Line Manager and in accordance with the working instructions / procedures.
- Prepared to attend a medical.
- Prepared to attend a drug and alcohol screen test.
- Experience within a similar industry.
- Team worker with a flexible approach.
- Knowledge of COSHH.
- An understanding of GMP and quality systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Machinery skills
Full training provided
Cleaning experience not essential
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 43,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.