- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/ENR-561/3/RC
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with Sodexo Energy & Resources for a talented Deputy Hotel Manager to join our team.
As well as having excellent presentation, communication and leadership skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and service and possess bags of enthusiasm.
You'll also be a creative event manager and a great mentor for the team.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Lead and manage a team of up to 9 direct reports to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality
- To deputize for the GSM and to accept responsibility for the day-to-day running of the hotel
- Support the GSM in the development of business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs
- To have a strong understanding of the service offer contained within the client contract
- Have a full understanding of contract scope and form (payment mechanisms, procedures and variation) and their importance when managing the hotel and services provided
- Liaise with the client and customers, developing strong working relationships
- Monitoring and controlling the hotel’s financial performance
- To take responsibility for recruitment and selection of positions in all departments
- To ensure all health and safety regulations (including food safety) are adhered to, ensuring the safety of all guests and employees
- To ensure the hotel operates within licensing laws and regulations
- To be proactive and drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems, processes and services
- To be willing to support all departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service
- To comply with all Sodexo and Shell policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
What we need from you...
- A great attitude
- Previous catering/hotel leadership experience
- A good level of operational experience
- Good standards of IT skills, literacy and numeracy with sound financial acumen
- Experience of managing a budget and interpreting financial and commercial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work – must be available to work different shifts including evenings and weekends
Ideally, you'll also have...
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- IOSH managing safety qualification or equivalent
- First aid certificate
Highly competitive salary plus benefits including pension, reward schemes and training/development opportunities.
We also offer access to our Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.