- Location: Falkirk
- £27,438 to £36,480 per annum, Teacher 0-6
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: FLK03935
Falkirk Council is seeking to recruit class teachers who are highly skilled practitioners, committed to delivering the very best learning and teaching experiences for our children and young people.
The key policy document for Falkirk schools is Learning to Achieve. This was co-created by headteachers, teachers, early years practitioners, support staff, parents/carers, pupils and other partners.
It sets out clearly our expectations for our class teachers, namely that they are practitioners who demonstrate commitment to meeting the needs of all learners by:
• reflecting critically on their practice
• being proactive in seeking professional learning opportunities that further enhance their skills and knowledge
• adopting flexible, creative approaches to meet the needs of all learners
• using current educational thinking to inform their practice
• making good use of professional collaboration in school and beyond
• communicating effectively with others
Successful applicants will:
• hold an appropriate secondary qualification
• be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
• be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration
Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to attend:
• Classroom observation
• Short Leet interview
Successful applicants for posts working with children or vulnerable adults will be subject to the PVG scheme or disclosure checks.
Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post.
Applications are welcome from both primary and secondary practitioners from across all subject areas who are ready to utilise their knowledge and skills to offer creative and innovative supports for young people in Graeme High School. All staff within the department are encouraged to use their own personal skill set and knowledge to effectively remove barriers to education for our pupils. If you are looking for a role that encourages you to use your creativity and offers you opportunities to grow as a professional, then this may be the role for you.