- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Internal Audit
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 74825
We're looking for an Audit Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an excellent opportunity to join our Internal Audit function as an Audit Manager within the Risk and Finance team
- We're looking for an experienced internal auditor with a solid background in risk management to join us in this role
- You'll be auditing Credit Risk across the bank, where you'll have a significant impact on our risk assessment and audit process
- With the opportunity to further develop an extensive range of skills and knowledge, this varied role also offers excellent exposure to our business and its senior stakeholders
What you'll do
This role will give you the platform to make a significant impact and influence our business managers, to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way. This is a key role in which you'll be delivering the strategic audit plan for the business area. You'll apply your innovative insight to identify our customers’ needs and priorities, contributing to improving risk processes across the bank.
You'll also be:
- Mapping out processes, assessing risks and controls, and gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to effectively test controls
- Working in collaboration with senior management to produce a final report compiling your findings into a high quality document, which will provide important insight to the business heads to help them manage their risks as well as highlighting areas requiring remediation
- Driving assurance for regular - as well as some complex - engagements, supporting the engagement assurance planning, ensuring coverage of all key risks, complying with regulatory requirements for Internal Audit and deploying resources to best use
The skills you'll need
As an experienced internal auditor with a strong background in risk management, you'll have an excellent understanding of credit risk in large financial institutions, together with proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Experience of how you've successfully led a team in delivering complex projects while keeping a firm hand on budget, schedule and quality
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to assess and prioritise effectively, quickly establishing what's important
- The ability to effectively support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.