- Location: Milngavie
- £21,716.30 to £25,128.90 per annum, Grade 6 (SS35)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD02215
Please note that approval is for a temporary post until the end of December 2018.
A vacancy has arisen for the post of Science Technician in Douglas Academy. The post is full time, Monday – Friday, 35 hrs per week, working 8am – 3.30pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8.45am – 4.30pm Tuesday and Thursday with 30 minutes for lunch break.
The successful candidate will be based in Douglas Academy but may be required to work in any East Dunbartonshire Council secondary school.
Working as part of the technician team within the school, the duties include providing an effective technician support service for science education practical classes; preparing and setting up materials, technical aids and equipment in the classroom; ensuring health and safety legislation and Council Policies are adhered to and to provide an effective technician support service throughout the school within the flexible working arrangements.
The successful candidate must hold an NC or equivalent in a science related subject and be able to demonstrate experience of practical skills gained through education or work across all role activities. They should be computer literate and possess good organisational and time management skills. They will be able to work on their own initiative but be an effective member of the technician team.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.