- Sector: Medical, Dental and Health Care
- Location: Ballachulish
- £9.60 per hour
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Dominic Duffy
These include but are not limited to the following:
· Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with others showing a sense of urgency on behalf of others and action requests quickly.
· Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
Identify service problems or issues before they arise while ensuring the buildings, grounds and services are maintained on an ongoing basis and in accordance with all health and safety requirements
· Liaise with contractors and service engineers and demonstrate our Aims and Objectives throughout.
· Assisting with the upkeep and maintenance of all health and safety records including but not limited to legionella, fire, PAT testing, equipment, lighting
· Assisting with the maintenance of equipment and machinery on site dealing with plumbing repairs, painting, boiler, and heating as this role is very varied.
· Identify and ensure repairs or replacement are reported and actioned
· Assisting with fire alarm tests and drills in line with Abbeyfield Ballachulish policies
· Responding to call outs in respect of fire alarms, police etc.
· Moving furniture, when required and setting up rooms for new clients
· Driving the minibuses when required
· Setting up and assisting with events when required this can very occasionally include an evening or weekend
· Any other duties as assigned flexible
This job description reflects the main responsibilities of the post. However, the post holder should be willing to undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Management team.
The particular duties/responsibilities listed here may be reviewed from time to time at the request of the Board of Trustees or post holder as circumstances make necessary.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain the care home to a high standard and fit with care inspectorate guidelines. The successful candidate will have relevant experience of running and organising efficient and cost-effective construction or repairs projects
Knowledge and experience of plumbing, electrics and decorating are highly important to this role, alongside being enthusiastic, motivated and able to work well under pressure. We are looking for someone who prides themselves on a high standard of work and has the ability to prioritise their workload efficiently.
The role will cover both reactive and planned preventative work and involve working closely with all Abbeyfield Ballachulish staff and external contractors to ensure minimum disruption to clients. You’ll support the buildings audits and keep all records under the current regulations as setting for a care setting.
You should hold a driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle.
All successful candidates will be required to become a PVG scheme member.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.