- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £25,512.10 to £29,508.60 per annum, Grade 7 (SS35)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD02228
This vacancy is only available to employees of East Dunbartonshire Council and Agency Workers currently on assignment.
A vacancy has arisen for the post of Senior Technician in Lenzie Academy. The post is full time temporary pending a review of support staff in school. This post if full-time Monday – Friday, 35 hrs per week, working 8.30am – 4.30pm each day with one hour for lunch. You must currently be employed by East Dunbartonshire Council to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
The successful candidate will be based in Lenzie Academy but may be required to work in any East Dunbartonshire Council secondary school.
You will be responsible for organising an effective School Support Technician Team and co-ordinating the science and technical technician activity. You will co-ordinate the purchase of required tools and equipment, assist with chemical and equipment inventory control, ensure equipment and apparatus is maintained and repaired as required, take responsibility for ensuring hazardous substances are stored, used and disposed of in line with COSHH and other relevant legislation and co-ordinate PAT testing of school equipment as required. You will be responsible for the employees within the Technician Team carrying out PDR’s and implementing HR and Corporate policies and procedures where appropriate.
The successful candidate must hold an NC or equivalent in a science or technical related subject and be able to demonstrate experience of practical skills gained through education or work across all role activities. They should be computer literate and possess good organisational and time management skills. They will be able to work on their own initiative but be an effective leader of the technician team.
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.