- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Land Planning and Management
- Location: Bishopbriggs
- £21,716.30 to £25,128.90 per annum, Grade 6 (SS35)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD02227
This post is temporary to cover Maternity Leave for a period of 6 months or until the postholder returns, whichever is sooner and is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Summary role purpose:
Support the Waste Shift Leaders in managing, updating and maintaining the scheduling and performance of the waste service
Support effective deployment of resources and staff throughout Waste Services.
Ensure the organisation and deployment of frontline staff.
To provide support for squad leaders by participating in the driving duties when required
Provide a comprehensive statistical analysis and monitoring facility that embraces new technologies for the purpose of reporting on performance and progress across Waste Services, in pursuit of meeting Council corporate objectives in line with the Single Outcome Agreement.
Provide an efficient and effective first point of contact for customers and frontline teams in the pursuit of excellent customer services.
Assist the Waste Team to provide excellent customer service, meeting all Service Level Agreements and performance targets through an integrated strategic and operational approach.
Support the Waste Team Leader over all aspects of the service to maximise effective communication resulting in a customer focused service delivery model which ensures that resources and staff are used effectively.
Contribute to the development of, and lead on the implementation of the use of electronic processes to remove duplication while optimising information management and communication resulting in improved customer experience.
Further details about this role are available within the attached Role Profile.
To express an interest in this role and to support the recruitment and selection process, please submit an application form to www.myjobscotland.gov.uk or contact Maureen McColl on 0141-574-5791.
Charter of Commitment
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.