- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 76048
Join us as a Business Partner in Edinburgh
- We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial professional with strong commercial skills to join us as a Finance Business Partner supporting Risk
- You'll be joining a collaborative and driven team with a strong customer focus, responsible for influencing decisions through the provision of financial expertise and commercial understanding
- You’ll engage with a wide range of stakeholders on challenging and dynamic topics and use strategic influence with executive stakeholders to help reduce the bank’s cost base
- This role is available for a period of 12 months
What you'll do
You’ll develop a strong understanding of the bank’s strategy and the role risk has in this. You'll proactively challenge and support the business to achieve stretching financial targets in line with overall goals, while driving insight to aid better decision making.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Building a deep understanding of the business that enables you to provide credible and expert financial advice and influence decision making
- Driving insight as a trusted advisor to the business, advising on a range of financial and commercial issues.
- Providing high quality financial leadership, guidance, support and challenge to the business to effectively balance strategic priorities with cost reduction commitments
- Partnering the Business Intelligence team and colleagues in Global Financial Services to deliver insightful financial analysis to senior stakeholders and enhance decision making
- Ensuring that core financial processes such as reporting and forecasting are delivered smoothly and that strategic objectives are achieved
- Ensuring appropriate tracking and support is in place to measure reporting and project deliverables
- Optimising the budget to drive the maximum benefit, proactively collaborating with colleagues in Risk and across the department to deliver the best value for our business
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong business acumen and commercial awareness, and a good understanding and appreciation of how the bank operates. If you're CA, AC, CIMA or MBA qualified, or equivalent, that would be an advantage.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and resolve conflict
- Broad understanding of effective cost management and the ability to challenge the business collaboratively
- An analytical mindset with the ability to convey complex financial information in a concise, non-technical manner
- Attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to the changing requirements of business customers and stakeholders
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise effectively and work under pressure
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.