- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 71479
We're looking for a Senior Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll provide insight into debt and risk trends, ultimately helping to manage risk against strategic objectives and appetite
- Along with gaining valuable exposure across your business area, this varied role offers the opportunity to influence business decisions across the credit risk cycle, and be part of a fast moving and cohesive team with a commitment to providing flexible working options and great professional development opportunities
- You’ll help advise on policy for our customer businesses and maintain control processes and infrastructure
What you'll do
Within this role you'll be conducting analysis covering all Wholesale lending assets. You'll have the opportunity to influence one of the most important elements of the organisation’s financial accounts, supporting delivery of bank wide strategic initiatives.
- Use accuracy and attention to detail to carry out impairment calculations across the bank, developing excellent reporting and value adding MI to support calculations and analysis
- Drive continuous improvement and assess the adequacy of wholesale lending balance sheet provisions
- Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of the key drivers of impairment trends, while ensuring performance and emerging issues are communicated and understood by your stakeholders
- Build effective working relationships across the business, working closely with Finance and other key stakeholders and providing regular and concise updates
The skills you'll need
We're ideally looking for you to bring experience of working in a risk area and a relevant degree level qualification or equivalent. It's essential that you have a highly analytical mindset and a passion for numbers and accuracy. You'll be able to identify issues and trends from varied sources, and contribute to the delivery of appropriate recommendations and solutions.
We'll look to you to bring:
- Strong numeracy skills, attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- A can do approach to delivery and working as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to confidently present detailed analysis effectively
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to face off to stakeholders at senior levels
- Excellent IT skills, including strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
You'll ideally have experience with SAS, though this is not essential.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.