- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 73362
We're looking for a Data Analytics Specialist to join Internal Audit in London or Edinburgh
- If you combine data analytics and internal audit experience, this role is an opportunity to leverage as part of a specialist, technical team
- You'll help provide independent assurance by leading the data analytics engagement on more complex audits
- Hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
This role will see you helping to deliver high quality audit engagements by providing quality, efficient and effective data analysis. You'll lead and undertake key data analytics aspects of assurance fieldwork, taking responsibility for the data analytics team's work being delivered on time, fit for purpose and providing reliable evidence to support issues and opinions.
Other aspects of your role will include:
- Understanding the purpose of the audit plan for assigned audit clusters
- Supporting the engagement assurance planning, developing the data analytics scope as an integral element of the overall internal audit scope to make sure all key risks are covered
- Supporting and coaching Data Analytics team members, enabling them to realise their potential on the engagement
- Providing timely and well positioned feedback on data analytics team and individual performance
- Allocating available resources to manage the data analytics elements of audits, including managing cost during engagements
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who has significant data analytics experience together with experience of internal audit or control function. You'll need strong experience and understanding of analytics tools, such as SQL, SAS, Python and R.
We'll also expect:
- A relevant professional qualification or equivalent work experience
- Significant domain knowledge
- The ability to learn new analytical tools to keep up with industry
- The proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- An ability to actively identify and help develop talent
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.