- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £22,218 per annum, Pro-rata
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 77441
Join us as a Customer Service Adviser in Edinburgh
- In this Telephone based role, you'll be taking the time to build rapport and provide a great customer experience to help them make the most of their finances, and save them time and convenience through promoting digital banking
- Supporting our RBS customers, you'll provide outstanding service in every interaction, helping our bank to achieve our goal of becoming number 1 for customer service, trust and advocacy by 2020
- You'll be meeting the challenge by completing financial health checks, answering inbound calls direct from customers, and making outbound customer care calls
- In return, we'll offer you a rewarding career path - you’ll prosper in a supportive and collaborative environment where we’ll support you to achieve a professional qualification and build on your existing skills
What you'll do
Our customers will look to you to support them in their decisions as to how they bank with us over the telephone. You’ll make sure they're fully informed when it comes to the products and services we offer. You'll act as a trusted expert, providing them with the knowledge they need to make the most of their money
Most importantly, you'll be building valuable relationships with our customers, making a positive impact on every single call you take. We'll look to you to draw on your own expertise to proactively recommend and promote the benefits of alternative business channels to simplify their banking experience.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct financial health checks with our customers over phone, to identify opportunities to help them with a new product or service appropriate to their goals and educate them on different ways to bank with us
- Complete outbound care calls to our existing customers, where pre-defined potential opportunities to help with their finances and save them time and convenience
- Work with your colleagues ensure a targeted customer contact strategy is in place with a clear focus on acquiring, growing and retaining quality customer relationships
- Identify opportunities to help customers with more complex needs such as mortgages, private banking, business banking and protection products and complete a professional handoff to colleagues who can help fulfil them
- Accurately and compliantly complete account opening processes and products, providing customers with a seamless and positive experience
- Resolve complaints and errors quickly and compliantly, ensuring the customer’s relationship with the bank is fully restored
- Maintain an excellent level of product and process knowledge, and support and coach your colleagues to maintain theirs too
The skills you'll need
You'll be passionate about meeting customers' needs and driven by doing the right thing. To do this, you’ll need to be able to build an expert knowledge of our products as well as credit and regulatory processes to make sure that you're giving our customers the best possible options.
- You'll be proactive in your approach, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- A natural flair for communication, able to engage with customers and demonstrate a genuine interest in their situations
- The ability and desire to build strong and long-lasting customer relationships, with a proven ability of building rapport and trust
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Experience of working with and exceeding performance measures and goals in a customer service environment
- You'll be comfortable with Microsoft Office while being able to use the banks systems and software
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £22,218 pa. (pro rata for hours worked), your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.