- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 268700
£dependant on experience
Due to an increase in secured workload, there is a need for a Civil Engineer take an important role in the delivery of ongoing multi-discipline projects for our growing list of clients. We are looking for potential candidates with either highways or drainage experience. The position will be within the Design Consultancy business of Real Estate and Infrastructure reporting directly to the Infrastructure Team Leader.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and suitably qualified professional to continue the development of our successful Infrastructure Engineering Team.
This role will be based in our offices in North Tyneside but will be a part of a wider team based across the North East, Cumbria and our Scotland offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh. Travelling may be required to other Capita offices, Client offices and sites.
The successful candiate will be required to:
- The delivery of highway or drainage engineering projects ensuring quality and timely delivery are at the forefront.
- Production of outline and detailed designs in accordance with the relevant design standards
- Production of the works information for highway or drainage schemes
- Ensure they are fully conversant with company requirements and in sound project management.
- Take a proactive approach to the reporting and mitigation of matters which present a risk to the achievement of successful delivery of projects.
- Assist the Infrastructure Team Leader and Design Business Manager with the development of business relating to Highway and Drainage activities in the Region.
- Ensure all projects/services are delivered in accordance with Capita's BMS system
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of the criteria listed below:
- Have experience of current Highway or drainage technical and legal requirements and practices.
- Be competent in the use of AutoCAD 2D (3D Desirable) for the development of schemes.
- The ability to maintain excellent working relationships with existing Clients and deliver quality services to maximise opportunities for repeat business.
- The ability to maintain and develop excellent working relationships with peers in the Design Consultancy.
- A proactive approach to the delivery of engineering projects.
- Be proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project).
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Experience of delivering flood alleviation projects including the EA Outline Business Case procedure
- Competent in the use of Civil 3D
- Competent in the use of microdrainage
- Knowledge of 1D and 2D flood modelling software such as Infoworks
- The ability to demonstrate sound financial understanding of project delivery.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline or be working toward a degree in relevant discipline.
- Commitment to work towards professional qualifications in a recognised field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management and staff at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Have an outgoing, confident and friendly manner.
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example;
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
- Be open and honest;
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done; and
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Annual leave - negotiable, but typically 25 days
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications.
- Access to Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.