- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 271565
Employment type: Permanent
About the role
Capita has a new job vacancy to work with our Health & Safety team in Glasgow. Our division consists of consultants and auditors who are servicing construction and infrastructure related contracts. Your job will vary day to day and will focus on administrative tasks, Excel work and liaising with stakeholders to help the business reach its goals. This is a role for an enthusiastic and engaged professional who likes variety and is looking to develop in the long run. If you see yourself as an Excel champion this role will be of great interest.
If you have experience as an administrator, PA, project support or project coordinator this would be an interesting move for you as we set challenging goals and will support your career development throughout. You will be working with our Glasgow team which consists of coordinators, administrators and managers who support our H&S sector across the country, as well as the wider division.
Your key responsibilities:
- Varied administrative tasks, report generation and project support
- The ability to work accurately and adhere to critical deadlines
- Management of workload and time to complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Utilising excellent communication skills to develop positive relationships with your team and our clients.
- Taking ownership and responding promptly to requests in order to proactively monitor progression of outstanding tasks to completion.
- Monitoring and developing processes and procedures to ensure continual improvement and maximising efficiencies.
- Supporting professional staff to successfully deliver projects, and any other work required by the business, whilst adhering to wider company policies.
- Regular travel to our London office to provide support to the teams/key contacts
Your experience will include:
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail
- Fully competent in MS Office (Advanced Excel knowledge would be a major plus)
- IT competent - experience in navigation and adoption of various computer software systems
- High level of written English language (For proof reading and reporting)
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Commercial acuity
- Diligence, accuracy and ability to multi task
- Confidence in dealing with Professional Staff
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, proactive, confident and have a flexible approach to work; a strong implementer and finisher of tasks. They should be able to demonstrate good organisational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritise work under pressure and complete within critical deadlines. They should be able to communicate effectively in a friendly and courteous manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships colleagues at all levels. The job requires the ability to work well as part of a team but also independently using their own initiative.
What's in it for you?
Our company invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Our individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
Our culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver