- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 483573500
We are currently looking for a qualified accountant at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Glasgow.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent) is essential.
- Significant audit experience in Financial Services is essential, with practical experience gained in a ‘Big 4’ Accountancy firm desirable.
- Experience of working on insurance audits is highly desirable.
- Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.