- Contact: Michael Catania
Sitekit is a technology company with a vision for a connected world, where people can
engage with digital services that are trusted and secure.
Having recently won several major new contracts, we have the following vacancy in our Portree office.
The DevOps role reduces the friction during development, enabling quick, frequent and reliable migrations of documented, supportable code in to production environments. Through enhanced monitoring, identify issues encountered by users and feed back in to further development, as part of continuous improvement.
The role can be demanding, often working on a number of tasks and projects, and dealing with multiple urgent situations at a time.
- Setting up code repositories and subscriptions with the correct constraints on access
- Become involved in projects at their inception to increase developer productivity and enforce application performance targets and ease handover to production
- Work with testers to maintain environments for testing applications in both automated and manual states
- Work with product owners, alongside developers to create internal handover documentation for easier handover of code in to production
- Create appropriate access controls and review steps for code deployment
- Enable automation of deployment on projects requiring it
- Monitor/Support applications throughout their lifecycle
- Identify application issues via monitoring before they widely affect application users
- Triage operational issues and assign to the correct person to fix
- Monitor and improve application security standards where applicable
- Assist in code and environment handover to support
- Police testing and release of fixes, act as gatekeeper for fix and patch releases
- Prepared to act as deputy for manager from time to time, when line manager not available
- Complete and submit accurate time reporting sheets as required by company
- Engage with company coaching process Annual Appraisal and Continuing Professional
- Development (CPD) training process
- Comply with Information Governance requirements
Skills and Competences
- Analysis, design and estimation (ability to analyse business problems and design suitable technical solutions)
- Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Sysadmin experience
- Script writing – e.g. Powershell etc
- Source Code Control systems – especially Git
- Cloud experience - familiarity with MS Azure desirable
- CI/CD experience – ideally using VSTS
- Defect and performance monitoring tools and techniques – especially Application Insights
- Development skills desirable – especially in MS Stack (C#, SQL Server, MVC.NET)
- Ideally educated to degree level with relevant subject (e.g. technical, computer science)
Personal Skills and Attribute
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Must be proficient in verbal and written communications
- Ability to grasp and assimilate to new concepts quickly and effectively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve, work autonomously or within team
- Time management skills and commitment (working with a plan, including deadlines - possessing a sense of urgency, when needed)
- Right to work in UK
- Where not yet cleared at Disclosure Scotland Basic and HMG BPSS levels, there will be a requirement for candidates to apply for such clearance.
For more details and to apply, please visit our website
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.