- Sector: Aquaculture
- Location: SKYE AND LOCHALSH
- £30,000 to £40,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Sarah Ralston
- Reference: Environmental Manager, Feed Plant
Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. The plant will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and in Norway.
We are seeking an Environmental Manager to join the team who will be responsible for the environmental legislation and Marine Harvest policies on site whilst securing environmental permits and licences for all processes including potential on-site developments.
- Create, implement and maintain programs and policies for site performance and compliance with environmental legislation;
- Securing and maintaining all necessary environmental permissions including PPC & licences for operations at the site;
- Assessing, analysing and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies; and
- Drive performance efficiencies and resource use efficiencies through training and regular communications.
Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent in a science or environmental subject. The successful candidate should be an experienced IT user and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite. Full driving licence and eligibility to work in the UK is essential. In return, we offer an attractive salary, bonus, pension, Occupation Health Support and training/development opportunities. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our MHS People website by Friday 20 July 2018. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the internet, please send a copy of your application to the Human Resources Department, Stob Ban House, Glen Nevis Business Park, Fort William, PH33 6RX.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.