- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £17,340 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT0589E
Thestories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Waldorf AstoriaEdinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 andis one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the WestEnd of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles inthe shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence hasattracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundredyears.
Click on thelink to view our hotel video
GalvinBrasserie de Luxe
Located on the groundfloor of the hotel, Galvin Brasserie de Luxe is a slice of Paris in the heartof Edinburgh, featuring classic French brasserie favourites and Scottishseasonal specialities.
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – TheCaledonian as a Food & Beverage Supervisor at the GalvinBrasserie de Luxe?
- It's yourworld– Your next role could be as an Assistant Manager in the Brasserie, or oneof our other outstanding outlets, or why not move into a different departmentlike Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- PersonalDevelopment programmes for every level
- Workingin an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly teamoutings
- Do notforget a competitive starting salary
- Servicecharge and tips
- 28 daysholidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentarymeals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwidetravel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties inmore than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industryleading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental andhealth cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining indetail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a globalhotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What willit be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides gueststhe exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True WaldorfService that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treateven the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level ofcustomer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Food & BeverageSupervisor for Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, youare responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellentGuest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf ServiceStandards.
• You willbe the face of the outlet, communicating with the kitchen, team members and guests alikeensuring a smooth and memorable experience
- Supervise Brasserie operations
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
- Ensure compliance of Waldorf Astoria brand standards
- Represent needs of the team
- Assist Food and Beverage management with training and development of team members
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Welcomeguests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating greatcustomer service
- Able toalso work in different areas of Food & Beverage including Breakfast,Bar, Restaurant, In Room Dining and Conference & Events
- Up-sellwith latest departmental incentives
- As a Foodand Beverage Supervisor you will work 5 days per week, including, but notalways, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
- Passion andwillingness to learn & develop
- Positiveattitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Genuinelyfriendly and caring
- Enjoysworking as part of a team
- Ambitiousand hard working
- Goodcommunication and excellent grooming standards
- Previous high end, high volume Food and Beverage supervisory experience
- Dedication to exceptional levels of customer service
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situation
Looking forwardwelcoming you to our hotel.
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary - £17,340 per annum, service charge + Hilton perks & benefits programme
Check Out Similar Jobs