- Location: AB12 3QG
- £22,866 to £36,480 per annum, MGT
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: ABC04481
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
An attractive relocation package is available to the successful candidate if they are required to relocate their primary residence to fulfil this role. Relocation must be within a reasonable commuting distance to the workplace. Currently, the scheme offers a max of £8,000 (inc VAT) paid on a reimbursement basis.
Duration - Full-Time, Permanent
Location - Lochside Academy
Lochside Academy will open on Thursday 23rd August 2018 and will bring together both Kincorth Academy and Torry Academy. The new state of the art £46.9 million school will provide an environment fit for the 21st Century, giving pupils, staff and the wider community the opportunity to enjoy learning and teaching in a modern, flexible space, built to deliver Curriculum for Excellence.
The new Lochside Associated School Group (ASG) will consist of Abbotswell School, Charleston School, Kirkhill School, Loirston School, Tullos School and Walker Road School.
Further details can be found at https://lochside.aberdeen.sch.uk/ or on Twitter and Facebook @Lochsideaca.Requirements
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
Appropriate teaching qualification
Full GTC (Scotland) registration in the appropriate subject/sector, or be eligible for such registration
PVG scheme membership – Working with Children
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
• Ability to teach the full curriculum in the relevant subject or sector, and to develop the curriculum
• Ability to manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
• Ability to assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
• Ability to prepare pupils for examinations and qualifications and where required, assist with their administration
• Ability to contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school
• Ability to contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes
• Ability to maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers
See Job Profile for further details